Friday, April 20, 2007

Pain! Pain! Pain!!!

It turns out that the antibiotics required to fight this staph infection disrupt the absorption of my pain killer. Pain is greater than ever. What to do? ..... Doc prescribed a new pain killer (Percocet) which is highly controlled. It requires a special prescription and many pharmacies don't stock it. Connie found a pharmacy that stocks it & takes our insurance - whew! ....... It cuts the pain better but still not completely. And, it has side effects - sleepy, nausea, woozy, etc. So here's the new cycle - take a Percocet which takes about an hour to kick in, sleep 3 hours, wake up & suffer for 2 hours, start the 6 hour cycle over again. I'm starting day 4 of a 10 day course of treatment - long way to go! ..... So I sleep half the time and hurt half the time. Oh glorious sleep!

Went to wound care yesterday. The infection had caused a set back with every wound. Each had gotten deeper / larger as the infection ate away at them. Good news is that the wounds have started to show progress again. Will this never end!?

Duaine

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Duaine: I have been following the bolg, without comment, until now. I know you can take a lot and can't imagine what I would do in your situation. Have some comfort, at least, in know that there are a lot of people on your side; you, Connie and your family are in out hearts, minds and prayers.

I know that doesn't a lot like like the 'normal' me, but I wanted to let know that you have a great friend for a long time; I wish only that there was some way I could help.

Take good care, and I will be in touch, pard.