Monday, April 23, 2007

Hello Recliner

My hospital stay was short - Friday night until this afternoon. They could find nothing to explain the pain that I experienced although it was easier to manage in the hospital. They changed the antibiotic and the pain killer both and it worked much better than any other to date. Unfortunately, the antibiotic can only be administered by IV & the staff doctor refused to prescribe the pain killer..... He sent me home with instructions to resume the old antibiotics & pain killer except to double the dosage of the pain killer. I am very skeptical that this will work and fear that such a large dose could have some negative repercussions. So we'll be talking to the Internist tomorrow about other alternatives...... I suspect that the hospital needed the bed & the Doc believed that I was the best candidate for at-home care. On the other hand, maybe it will work. In any event, I'll know by tomorrow.

Duaine

No comments: