Thursday, April 12, 2007

Doc Was Right!!!!

My Internist was right. I went to the wound care doctor today and, thanks to the ctscan, they had pinpointed an abscess in the abdominal wall a few inches below the bottom wound around my navel. Unfortunately, the treatment involved cutting. Using a local anesthetic the doctor cut into the abscess and scraped it out, vigorously. Holy @#%& that hurt. I can't imagine how painful it would be without an anesthetic. And, he left the cut open so that it can drain! ..... It now means we go back to home health care as a professional nurse is required to "pack" the abscess & dress the wounds. (Connie doesn't seem to be disappointed at losing her daily job)..... Doc did say that any further advance in the infection will require a hospital stay since stronger antibiotics can only be given intravenously..... Just another bump on the road to recovery - a big one, and I hope the last one..... But, it is good to feel better & not have fever, sweats, etc. Keeping my fingers crossed that I get over this hurdle with no more "events"..... I'm sure it would also help if the Rangers could get on a winning streak.

Duaine

No comments: