Since the doc cut into my abscess last Thursday, things have improved. The wound care center did the cleaning, packing, dressing on Friday and this morning. They arranged home health care to send nurses to do it over the weekend. The nurse this morning said it is healing nicely and the other wounds look really good.....The bad news? The Internist cultured the infection last week and got the lab results back this morning. His office called and it turns out that the antibiotic that I am taking is not the best for that type of infection. So, I have two new antibiotics to take starting tomorrow morning. They said the new antibiotics are targeted to treat the type of infection which they said is very aggressive..... I guess I'm lucky that my immune system has been strong enough to fight it off with minimal help from the existing meds. If these new meds work as expected, it should really accelerate the recovery from the infection. Man - it would be so great to feel better & regain my energy!
Duaine
Monday, April 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment