Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Therapy
I started therapy last Friday to strengthen my abdominals. The therapist, John, was really enlightening (haha) when he said - "you've had lots of trauma", or "you have swelling / fluid in the abdomen", or "we need to go very easy", or "it will take at least a year to fully heal", etc., etc. Please tell me something that I don't know or haven't heard from the doctors before! The good news is that he knows his stuff...... The bad news is that my abs are weaker than a baby's. The exercises that he gave me are so gentle as to be nothing but I quickly found out that he is right and I'm seeing some quick results - I think. Less pain primarily....... I have been lucky to find some outstanding medical professionals like John throughout this ordeal. In fact, I'm hoping / planning to go visit the trauma center at JPS Hospital where those outstanding people brought me back from the dead a couple of times. Can't wait to meet some of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment