Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Big Day

Today is a big day for two reasons. First, I increased my walking distance to two miles and felt good. I felt like I could go another two miles but don't want to push it too much. Recovery is obviously going well. Second, I have an appointment this afternoon to go visit the JPS Trauma Center. That is where the ambulance took me when we had the motorcycle accident. The trauma program manager offered to show me around "from a different perspective". Since I have virtually no memory of my time there - none of ICU and only a few fleeting memories of progressive care before going to a regular hospital room for a day, it should be memorable. I am looking forward to the visit and hope to meet some of the doctors and nurses that treated and cared for me (i.e., saved my life). It will most definitely be an emotional visit for me..... Therapy is going well and I am feeling goooood! I anticipate and look forward to going back to work next month.

No comments: