Sunday, July 15, 2007
Busy Weekend
Man! I need a rest...... I met an old work colleague, Jerry, at Hooter's for lunch at noon Friday. Then, we had dinner with friends Friday night, BBQ at Red, Hot, & Blue - J.O., Jyl, Bob, and Pam. Up early Saturday morning did a one mile walk and then drove to Jeremy & Erica's house where we departed to meet Shawn & Kelly and Kelly's parents along with the grandkids for breakfast in Weatherford. Breakfast was followed by a trip to the Parker County Peach Festival in downtown Weatherford. Got home mid-afternoon and bought a battery for the Tahoe since the old one was failing....... Thanks for great neighbors. First, I didn't have the right sized wrench so borrowed one from Charlie (we've been neighbors for 30 years). He offered to help and given my weakened condition I gladly accepted. Well Charlie did all the work and the Tahoe is humming now with its new battery...... Then we had friends Jim & Terry over for dinner and a movie. Get to bed after midnight....... Up early Sunday morning to go out for breakfast with Bob & Pam, go home and change clothes, take old battery in for the exchange, and then meet all the kids and grandkids for a family picture session. Run home & change clothes before we pick up Bob & Pam to go for a trip looking at travel trailers. Take them home and finally Connie & I break out the grill for a dinner alone (the first time since Tuesday)..... I felt pretty good all weekend except for some pain and discomfort Saturday night after all the walking at the festival. Gotta go take a nap now. Oops, no - I first need to do my exercises for therapy. Up early tomorrow for a walk followed by a therapy session. Whew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow. You put me to shame.
Ted was busy all weekend, cut the grass, pounded some more fence pieces up over the parts where the dogs are clawing it to bits, fertilized the same grass, ran some errands and much more. We entertained Taryn, Kyle, K2 and Beautiful Mandy Saturday and I tried to wrestle Mandy's high chair into the kitchen, when I pulled or twisted something.
And Haven't done much since. Guess I should join you at therapy. Ha. Really need it for the tummy.
Anyway, glad to read you are doing so well.
Sarah
Post a Comment