Saturday, July 7, 2007

Back in the Saddle :-)

I asked my neighbor, Buddy, to take my motorcycle for a ride today. It's important to keep the internal engine components and seals in good working order by keeping them lubricated and by burning away any accumulated moisture. As I rolled the bike out of the garage before he came over I noticed that the gas tank was nearly empty. So, I donned my helmet and rode that baby to the nearest convenience store to put gas in it before turning it over to him. It was only a 0.6 mile round trip but it felt great to be back on a bike. And I didn't fall off this time! :-) ..... I think Buddy enjoyed riding a harley for the first time (he's a Honda rider right now) as much as I enjoyed being back on one. However, it'll be a while before I'm physically ready to ride any distance so maybe some real short jaunts around the 'hood for now.

No comments: