Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Nurse Connie!!!

Connie has been tending to the open spots (they look gross!) on the incision since I last saw the wound care doctor & is doing a great job. The spot around the belly button has to be packed (don't ask for details - it's yucky) and all 3 spots must be medicated before being dressed..... We'll see what the wound care doctor says tomorrow but I bet he agrees that she's doing a good job..... Now I base my assessment on what she tells me because I have become a sissy. The whole process, especially the packing, is gross. So, how do I cope? I put my headphones on, hook them to the Ipod, crank up the volume, & go to my "happy place" with the Eagles, CCR, Rolling Stones, etc. Oh, I also cover my eyes so that I don't accidentally peek at the wrong time. Hey, don't laugh - it's my way of coping...... More tomorrow after I see the wound care doctor.

Duaine

No comments: