I saw the surgeon again today. The meds that he gave me eased the pain somewhat so I was focused and inquisitive. In short, he believes that the remaining pain is the result of adhesions / scar tissue. As he said, my body has a LOT of scar tissue and has suffered a LOT of trauma. The medication worked to take the gall bladder out of play. That & the hernia may have to be fixed at some point in the future or maybe not. That's the good news..... He said that it can take up to a year for the body to completely heal and the pain to subside so I might be living with it for quite a while (thank God for pain pills). However, he expects most progress in the first six months. That's the bad news...... He will allow me to start a very moderate & easy exercise program. Hopefully that will help speed my recovery...... Now the wounds need to finish healing. After that I can live with the help of my pain pills & hope that there are no more setbacks.
Duaine
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment