I had an appt with my Internist today. The primary purpose was to get a culture to ensure that the infection is gone. We'll find out in a few days..... I continue to improve and we discussed my challenges with the pain over the last 2-3 weeks. I told him that I solved my own problem no thanks to the 3 surgeons that I saw. After listening, he concurred that I fixed my problem although he disagreed with my diagnosis. His diagnosis and explanation made sense so I defer to him. The thing that really ticks me off is that he had shared his diagnosis with one surgeon who apparently chose to ignore it. If the abdominal pain recurs, we know the likely cause (a hernia) and that it can be corrected with a relatively simple surgical procedure. But you can bet your last dollar that it will not be done by any of the 3 that ignored my input on the pain.... Maybe now I can get back to the recovery process and hopefully have no more setbacks.
Duaine
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment