Thursday, February 15, 2007

2-6 a.m. visit

Jeremy, Shawn, and Kyle spent the night up at the hospital last night, so they were there for the first morning visit. Jeremy said Duaine is even more responsive than last night. They told him what time it was, etc, and he tried to "sit up." Shawn told him to relax and be still; he knew he wanted to get out of there. They said he nodded his head emphatically! He is on oxygen and a ventilator, but we got good news about that last night and this morning. At 6:00 p.m. he was on 75% oxygen and the machine was doing a lot of the work. At 10:00 p.m. he was at 65% oxygen and the machine was still doing a lot of the work. Overnight, the nurse cut him down to 55% oxygen, and decreased the amount of work that the machine was doing. He is tolerating all of this very well.When I last talked to Jeremy, they were going to visit Duaine again at 8:00 a.m. and then go check on Connie. Her visiting hours begin at 8:00. I'll update as soon as I get info.(T - I came home to sleep. The boys took the couches after Alex's family left last night, so they were comfortable. You'll get there before me, so please put up any pictures you brought and don't wait to take those video/voice clips in there...but PLEASE call to let me know how it goes!)

No comments: