Wednesday, June 27, 2007

No Doctors This Week - Finally

No significant developments. Wound care doctor said last Thursday that the second wound is about healed - no more packing - it has only a scab. The last wound has progressed well & is close to being healed. It still has to be packed and dressed daily but hopefully that will be over in the next 3 to 4 weeks..... I still have some abdominal pain and swelling but I'm getting better at controlling it. Internist said on Friday to get a back support belt (used by workers lifting heavy weights - I call it my "man girdle") to wear when I walk. It seems to have made a big difference in having less pain after a lap around the block. He also wants me to see a therapist to start trying to rebuild some muscle tone in the abdominal muscles. Have to proceed carefully because of the hernia. Otherwise, I am feeling pretty good and continuing to make progress. Getting to the point of being able to travel by plane (issue is lifting luggage) is the last hurdle to returning to work. Woohoo - no doctors this week!

Duaine

No comments: