Monday, May 26, 2008

"I go home with you!"

We celebrated Memorial Day with Jeremy, Erica, & Megan (aka Jelly Bean). While remembering the significance of the holiday and being forever grateful for all the veterans who gave their lives for our freedoms, we had a cookout with all the fixins' - ummmm good. After a leisurely afternoon, Gran and I are out back watching JB play in her pool when Gran says it's time for us to go. OMG! JB asks / demands to go home with us. I tell her to go ask Mom and Dad. She marches into the house and "informs" Mom that she's going home with Gran - okay? After some quick negotiations that would make a diplomat proud, she's packed and ready. We're good to go. She then tells Mom and Dad "I'm NOT gonna miss you!" What is it about a two year old's thought processes that possess her to say that? ..... Anyway, here we are enjoying the company of our granddaughter on a fine Monday evening..... What a great Memorial Day.

1 comment:

Kelly Goulding said...

Lucky girl!
That only works when your an only child!