Saturday, March 22, 2008

Fun Day

Today is Connie's birthday and the whole brood showed up. We started the day with all six grandkids participating in a neighborhood Easter egg hunt followed by a cookout at our house. Not a quiet moment was had. What fun! ..... While Jeremy & Erica took off for errands, we spent much of the afternoon with an outing to the playground at the local elementary school. Everyone was getting tired before we quit that (especially me) and some lessons were learned. The two year olds, Gage (aka, Scooter) and Mandy (aka, Sweet Pea) both learned the hard way that head first down a slide makes for a difficult landing. Good news - no injuries..... They then ordered pizza for dinner except Kelly & Taryn had salads and I had a buffalo burger. In fact, I had a buffalo burger for lunch too. This CAD (coronary artery disease) really sucks! Oh well, maybe I can tack on a couple of more years before I check out for good..... What a wonderful family we have. I know that Connie was more than pleased with her day. And, it was the best Saturday that I've had in a really long time.

No comments: