Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Done with Docs???
I had a follow up appt with my internist a couple of days ago. He says all is progressing well. He advised me to start up the exercise program again (off of it since the last surgery) and just cautioned me to ease back into it. I asked a few questions seeking some idea of how the future progress will go. Got the usual - "hard to say" but he thinks that the abdominal pain will continue to slowly diminish over the coming months as I strengthen the core muscles; the scar tissue might diminish some but will always be there; there is a good chance that I can exercise someday with minimal pain & lift at least somewhat heavy weights again; etc. Wants to see me again in six months. It seems clear that the docs cannot project how or if I will fully recover to my old self. They've all told me since the accident that they have never dealt with this before and use words like amazing & remarkable to describe my survival and recovery. I am hopeful that someday I will be pain free and able to engage in at least moderate physical activity without pain or discomfort.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment