Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Too Quiet!!!

Things are just too quiet around here. We kept two grandkids last week from Tuesday night until Friday evening - Kyler (aka, Butch) and Mandy (aka, Sweet Pea). They were a lot of fun as are all of our grandkids. Butch ragged on me several times to take him to a Ranger game so that will happen this weekend..... Thomas Group doesn't have any work for me right now but I'm hoping to get an assignment soon. I need to become productive again & owe them a lot for their support throughout this ordeal..... So, with no kids around and no work to do, things are real quiet and boring. I am not geared to this slow of a pace of life...... My therapy is going great as we have moved to a more varied set of exercises to continue rebuilding the core muscles which go beyond just the abs. It can be humbling though. For example, John (the therapist) told me to stand on one foot for 15 seconds & switch to the other foot and repeat. Easy enough - right? No way! I couldn't stand on one foot for more than 2 or 3 seconds. John says that it's just the weakness and retraining of the core muscles that's needed. I never would have thought of that as a by-product of what I've been through! Also, a great benefit of the therapy has been a continued reduction in need for pain pills. I can sometime go 24 hours or more between pills now.

No comments: